Services hotels guesthouses apartments, the accommodation AccessiblEurope looks for you!
AccessiblEurope, like the sister sites AccessibleItaly and AccessibleAsia, are extremely rigorous on the accessibility of the accommodation facilities offered to their customers.
AccessiblEurope checked the accessibility, both in the common areas as in the rooms specifically adapted for use by people with reduced mobility.
Either by the AccessiblEurope team (AccessibleItaly or AccessibleAsia) or by the operators whose programs are offered to our guests.
Hotels & resorts:
The basic requirements for AccessiblEurope are:
– Accommodation facilities barrier-free in public spaces
– They have 1 or more accessible rooms equipped according accessibility regulations.
– The rooms can be reached directly from the lobby
– There are elevators large enough for a technological chair with at least 1 companion.
– The bedroom must be adequately spacious to allow internal movements.
– The bed must be adequately high, have space below (for a possible hoist) and be accessible in a wheelchair at least on one side.
– The bathroom must beequipped with a roll-in shower (or walk-in shower) with supports and a folding seat
– The toilet bowl must be accessible by wheelchair at least one side, have tilting supports or at least a bar fixed to the wall.
In some cases the structures are also equipped with accessible swimming pools, accessible beaches, …
The accessibility of the beach, for resorts and tourist villages, is one of the aspects that we investigate.
Some hotels also have rehabilitation and therapy centers.
Having said that honestly, after many years of experience, we are led to say that the 100% accessible facility does
not exist; a problem, more or less impacting, can almost always be encountered.
Those who design and those who invest do not have in-depth knowledge of the needs of customers with reduced
mobility, the laws are also quite incomplete and often allow exceptions.
However, usually the problems are not insuperable and the availability of the hotel staff allows you to overcome them and enjoy an “accessible” holiday.
Bed & Breakfast, guest houses, tourist farms, apartments,…:
In addition to hotels, there are also different residential types: bed and breakfast, pensions, guest houses, tourist farms, apartments, villas, … the hospitality market is expanding beyond belief and many “non-professional” operators are taking advantage of the enormous commercial opportunities that offer the new types of online marketing.
Without wishing to demonize the structures of this type we tend to be very suspicious because these types of structures are less subject to controls and audits of the actual accessibility as well as the judgments that you can find on the net are not always the result of professional assessments.
However in some cases we use for our customers that we find out accommodations on some platforms we are more attentive to the needs of our customers.
We honestly believe that a hotel, a structure managed by professionals, is more willing to commit to making the stay more pleasant and accessible to our customers.
It is not possible to exhaust the vast topic of the accessibility of hotels in the few lines of a web page…
For all your needs, contact us!
Services directory internal links:
- Accessible accomodations
- Accessible transports
- Accessible vans without driver & equipments rental
- Tours in escorted and/or assisted groups
- Holidays with dialysis, rehabilitation, therapies
External links to Accessible Tourism sites: